Newbattle High School
New Newbattle Community Campus due to open in spring 2018 - read more
Directions to the school
This directions will take you to the current school building. Directions ot the new school building will be added after we move in June 2018.
Newbattle High School is located midway between Easthouses and Newtongrange on the North side of the road B6455 (Easthouses Road). If you are using a satellite navigation system, our postcode is EH22 4EW.
Travelling to Newbattle by car or cycle
Newbattle High School is situated approximately one mile to the South of Dalkeith on the road B6455 (Easthouses Road).
If cycling to school, lockable bike sheds are provided in the grounds. Report to the school main reception and ask for a janitor who will unlock/lock the shed for you. All bikes are placed at owners risk
If driving from Edinburgh, follow signs for Dalkeith. From Dalkeith town centre follow the soutbound A68 (Lauder Road) and turn right at the traffic lights and follow the B6482 to Easthouses. Turn right into Easthouses Road when you see the sign for Newbattle High School (after approximately one kilometre). Follow this road, and the school will be located on the right.
If coming through Bonnyrigg or Gorebridge on the A7, then after the Hardengreen Roundabout and after the "Sun Inn" take the B6482 by turning left into Dalhousie Road at the sign for Newtongrange. Continue on that road and follow the sign for Mayfield. Proceed into Abbeygrange at the double roundabout, continue and turn left opposite the "Keystore" supermarket (you should see a road sign pointing to the school). Continue past the Police Station until the school, which is located on the left.
Travelling to Newbattle by bus
Real-time information on buses to and from Newbattle
High School from the Bustracker website
Scroll down using the arrows to see all buses
The main bus stops near to Newbattle High School are located at:
- Mansfield Road (opposite Keystore supermarket (known as 'Trenches')
- use bus stop code 64323965 for buses going into Edinburgh City Centre
- and 64323964 for buses to Newtongrange and Gorebridge
- Easthouses Road (Little Acre)
- use bus stop code 64323858 for buses going into Edinburgh City Centre
- and 64323628 for buses to Mayfield, Newtongrange and Gorebridge)
You can get real-time bus information for these bus stops and others on the Lothian Buses Bustracker website.
Travelling by Bus to Newbattle from Edinburgh City Centre:
- Service 3
- Timetable (from Lothian Buses website)
- Frequency: every 10-12 minutes Monday-Saturday, every 30 minutes Sunday.
- Where to get off: The bus will pass through Dalkeith town centre and along the A68 past Woodburn, and will turn right. Watch on the left-hand side until you see the sign for Newbattle High School, which you will see shortly after the sign saying "Welcome to Easthouses". Get off at one of the bus stops along that road, and walk down Easthouses Road, past the miners' club. The school will be on the right after about 500 metres.
Bus travel from destinations in Midlothian and East Lothian - Local bus services that run close to Newbattle include:
Travelling to Newbattle by train
The Borders Railway opened in September 2015. The closest station to the school is at Newtongrange. There will be approximately a 15 minute walk from the school to the station.
|© Newbattle High School 2007-2018. Site designed D Watkins 2010