We work tirelessly to ensure all our pupils move into a positive destination when they leave Newbattle. Careers advice is available to pupils throughout their time in the High School. This service is jointly provided by qualified Careers Advisers and our own Pupil Support Staff. The school houses a well-stocked Careers Library and the library computers can also be used to search for careers information.
Pupils wishing to find out more can speak to the careers adviser Ms Alison McGeechan (in school Monday to Thursday), who can be contacted on (0131) 665 3120 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
There is also a Careers Centre in Dalkeith:
29 Eskbank Road
Telephone: (0131) 663 7287
My World of Work
My World of Work is Scotland’s careers information and advice web service.
At school and right through to retirement, My World of Work helps you with up-to-date information, advice and tools when you need it most:
- Subject choices – understand your strengths and make better choices about your subject choices and future career
- Leaving school – find a career that interests you and understand the skills you need to get the job you want
- Exam results – straight into a job or onto further learning? Whatever your grades find help in planning your next steps
- Preparing for a job – discover Scotland’s industries, search for jobs, build your CV and practice for interviews
- Modern Apprenticeships – why not earn as you learn? Find out what apprenticeships are available in Scotland and how they work
Get the help you need for the career you want.
My World of Work is delivered by Skills Development Scotland, the national skills body which supports the people and businesses of Scotland.
Websites for a Job Search
Universities and Colleges