Newbattle Community High School
Awarded Best Team at the Scottish Local Government Excellence Awards 2012 - read more
Recently Uploaded Learning Resources
National 5 Mathematics
- Calculator: an online scientific calculator (if you are using this for sine, cos or tan questions, you will need to change the setting at the top from radians to degrees)
- Exam revision questions used in class in March and April and answers
Past SQA Exam Papers and Mark Schemes
The following links are for the old Intermediate 2 courses (which are equivalent to National 5), but will still provide useful practice for anybody revising for a National 5 exam.
Homework and Revision - KEY RESOURCES
- Notes Booklets - www.dynamicmaths.co.uk has produced a comprehensive set of notes for National 4 Lifeskills Mathematics to help you with revision: this booklet can be bought from your class teacher for £1 (to cover the cost of photocopying), or can be downloaded here (password required):
- Formula Sheets: identical to those you will get in the exam. National 5 Maths Formulae
- We have also obtained copyright to put this book of revision questions and answers (password protected. Ask your teacher or check your homework sheet to find the password)online
Additional Classwork and Revising for the Exam
- The SCHOLAR Programme Login Page - all pupils studying Maths at National 5, Higher or Advanced Higher levels will have been automatically registered for SCHOLAR. If you do not know your username (which is your SQA candidate number) or password, your class teacher should be able to help you.
- BBC Bitesize Revision: National 5 Mathematics
- A maths dictionary for kids - use this if you are not sure what a word means.
- Exercises - A good way to revise the work we do during class is to use these booklets from the old Intermediate 2 course (which matches some of the content of National 5), which contain some of the exercises
that we use in class. Solutions are at the end of
- Unit 1 Exercises: circles, brackets, factorising, straight line, volumes, significant figures, percentages
- Unit 2 Exercises: sine rule, cosine rule, area of a triangle, simultaneous equations
- Unit 2 Statistics Exercises: standard deviation, quartiles
- Unit 3 Exercises: surds, indices, algebraic fractions, quadratics, trigonometric graphs and equations
|© Newbattle Community High School 2007-2016. Site designed D Watkins 2010